Consulting with the coach--procedures:
I am available
at all stages of your stand-up comedy or serious keynote speech development:
- to help you address specific needs of your individual act/talk.
- To move at an accelerated pace, begin:
- send me what
you now have
of your act/speeches in script form and/or on tape, CD, DVD, etc.
is perfectly ok if you are yet to perform and have yet to create a script
or get taped. I work with clients who are just starting out as well as
folks who have been doing stand-up comedy or business presentations for
a number of weeks, months or years.)
- order all of
my Home Study Program materials, or at least begin with some of my smaller,
stand-alone audio tape/workbook packages.
My materials will give you a national and international perspective for
setting your career goals in a step-by-step achievable process.
- make an appointment.
available in person; through sending me your audio or video tapes, CDs,
DVDs, scripts, etc.; we can also communicate via telephone, email,
web video conferencing, letter and/or FAX:
- Speech and joke writing
- Researching public domain jokes that fit your speech topic
- How to develop new material
without making radical changes in your current comedy act
or business speeches
- Editing your
core comedy act or speeches
- Matching jokes to your character
- Directing the acting part of your performance
- The three "acts" that
encompass your stand-up comedy or speaking career:
- The act itself (your performance)
- The act to defend your act
- The act to sell your act
- How to get hired and demand top price
I require 48 hours
cancellation notice, or bill you for time reserved. Commit to a fixed appointment
time-frame that both begins and ends at the agreed upon time.
video or audio or scripts of your act/talk:
the phone, I can give you notes after I review your materials. Or, bring
your materials with you for in-person office appointments.
Consulting fee: $200/hour (all fees are to be paid in United States Dollars).
More than one person attending = an additional $100/hour per additional person; i.e., two people would be $300/hour, etc.
For various discount packages, please scroll to
the bottom of this web page.
To secure appointment dates, please send me a check or charge to your credit
card two weeks in advance, paying at least
anticipated balance. Balance due by first appointment.
Fees include hours billed for your pre-approved, advanced reviewing of your tapes
or scripts, if any, plus hours worked at each appointment.
Tape review fees:
To review audio or video tapes before your appointment:
- I charge three
times the running time of the tapes to give me time to stop-and-start
the tapes as I take notes.
- So, if your tapes are a total of one and a half (1 1/2) hours long, you would be charged for four and a half (4 1/2) hours = $900, etc.
- Please enclose an estimate of each tape's length.
I hope we will
be working together soon.
You will be in good hands!
Coaching Schedules: Overview
me longer as I am getting to know you and your ideas. Therefore, even
if your first tape(s) total under one hour running time, I must still
charge you the same as if the total were a full hour long:
Additional tapes critiqued:
- $600 for
3 hours reviewing your comedy & speech technique = 3 hours
- $1,200 for 2 office or phone appointments, 3 hours each = 6 hours
- Total: 9 hours = $1,800.00
- Length of tapes
x 3 = __ hours at $200/hour = $___ fee
- Plus, office or
phone appointment hours as mutually agreed.
- Other writing/coaching/consulting:
Time (as mutually agreed):
___ hours at $200/hour= $___ fee
A Program for Every Budget,
A Budget for Everyone's Program
- Best Approach: send
five minutes to one hour of you on video tape, even if you repeat material
between performances or interview shows. I will be critiquing your performance consistency as well as the writing. Include any scripts.
After receipt of your payment, my normal "First Tape critiqued" coaching
- I email or call
you to set up a mutually convenient schedule.
Total initial coaching package: 9 hours x $200/hour = $1,800
- Spends three hours
reviewing: your video tapes prior to
your first phone appointment. Then, you call me at an agreed upon time for
your first phone appointment, or take an in-person appointment.
- First appointment, three hours: going over techniques needing immediate improvement and reinforcing where you are already effective.
- Second appointment, three hours: working on specific sections of your presentation to move you from seat-of-your-pants decisions to rapid improvement via informed choices
- This long distance approach is great for getting your script and performance as tight as possible before in-person coaching.
- Fine tuning your blocking and stage business is best done in person, but can also be done by viewing your video tapes.
- Shotgun: I
can shoot-from-the-hip, watching your tape and making comments as you listen
on the phone.
- Advantage: cost-effective
I don't have time to reflect so less valuable re.: marketing you
nationally and internationally
- Script Marking: mail,
FAX or e-mail me scripts typed double-spaced.
- I mark and send
back to you at $50/page.
this great for catching writing errors before you memorize the
for blocks of coaching/writing hours: paid for in advance (assumes
my hours working on both writing and coaching will be completed within
- 50 hours: 10% discount ($9,000)
- 100 hours: 20% discount ($16,000)
- 150 or more hours: 33.33%
discount--plus, any of these "Deluxe
Packages" listed below also include my world famous Home Study
Program ($1,000 value):
- 150 hours ($20,000)
- 200 hours ($26,666)
- 300 hours ($40,000)
- $200/hour for any additional hours
If you have any
questions about my fees, please email me at jim@JimRichardson.com or
call me at: 415-877-4424
last updated: June 28, 2012, 7:00 pm and Monday, April 21, 2014, 6:26 pm
Copyright © 1997-2015
Today's date and Pacific Standard Time is: Sunday, 18-Feb-2018 23:46:18 PST
Date this page was last modified, Pacific Standard Time: Monday, 21-Apr-2014 18:27:15 PDT